The yearly Une jonquille pour Curie event (meaning ‘A daffodil for Curie’, as you no doubt realised)is back to raise funds for cancer research, and the main ‘village’ is on place du Panthéon (opposite the Hotel les Dames du Panthéon and Hotel des Grands Hommes).
If you fancy giving support, we have all the details of how you can help.
This is the biggest fundraiser of the year fro the Institut Curie – Une jonquille pour Curie hopes you’ll chip in to help aid research into cancer, for example by buying a bunch of daffodils at a Truffaut garden store, as they will donate 1€ to the Curie Institute for each sale.
However, that’s far from the only way to donate to the event.
– the online store has a whole range of tasteful objects you can purchase, including badges, mugs, notebooks, keyrings and of course fridge magnets!
– you can take part in the Course de la Jonquille run (between 3.5km and 10km, depending on your level) on Sunday 25th March 2018
– P.S. The Fondation Swiss Life will donate 5€ to the Institute for everyone who signs up for a race
– the webstore Les Petits Frenchies has a special collection called ‘Call Me Marie Curie’, and part of the profits go to the Curie Institute to support the creation of SIREDO, the first integrated pediatric centre in France entirely dedicated to cancer in under 25-year-olds
– and of course you can simply donate online. Only takes two minutes 😀
– By the way, for every online donation (or donation by credit card at one of the events), the Populaire Rives de Paris bank will give 1€ to the Curie Institute
– The bank also encourages you to post a selfie to Twitter using the hashtag #sourirecontrelecancer, and mentioning @institut_curie. For every photo, they’ll donate 50 cents.
Over 20 French celebrities are supporting the event (Tom Novembre, Antoine de Caunes, Stéphane Bern, Princess Erika…) and you can check on how fundraising is going on the website, or why not motivate your pals on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram?
The cancer fundraiser Une jonquille pour Curie is happening on place du Panthéon (here) and all over France until 17th March 2018
The map of events can be found here
[ FAITES UN DON ] Vous souhaitez contribuer à la campagne #UneJonquillePourCurie et faire un don en collectif ? Il suffit d’ouvrir une page de collecte de dons sur macollecte.curie.fr et de la partager auprès de vos proches, amis et collègues. Leur générosité contribuera à guérir plus de jeunes patients et à préserver leur avenir. #FaireFleurirlEspoir https://macollecte.curie.fr/events/une-jonquille-pour-curie-2018 #luttecontrelecancer #institutcurie #togetherletsbeatscancer #againstcancer #unejonquillepourcurie #fleurirlespoir #ensembleprenonslecancerdevitesse #curiefamily #fundraising #mobilisation #hope #recherchecontrelecancer #siredo