You’ll be able to see pieces by Miró, Le Corbusier, Matisse, Picasso, Dufy, Vasarely, Bourgeois…
Here’s all the info.
The Mobilier National is putting the most impressive pieces from its collection on display for the new exhibition Au fil du siècle, 1918-2018, Chefs-d’œuvre de la tapisserie (which roughly translates to ‘The thread of a century, 1918-2018 – Woven Masterpieces’).
Presented chronologically and by theme, nearly a hundred pieces (tapestries, rugs, furniture…) await you, organised into eight main themes:
– After 1918
– Representations of the world and the 125/1937 Decorative Arts Exhibition, showcasing the Manufactures
– Travel, tradition and rebirth
– The Manufactures during the Occupation
– Weaving the modern, from conformation to abstraction
– Abstractions – The poetry of the gesture, and Optical illusions
Linked with the exhibition, there are:
– various workshops for kids (2 hours) and adults (3 days!),
– a special opening for the annual Museum Night, and
– visits of the weaving workshops for Open House weekend.
An album containing all the works is also available to buy at the bookshop after the exhibition.
The exhibition Au fil du siècle, 1918-2018, Chefs-d’œuvre de la tapisserie is at the Galerie des Gobelins (here) from 10th April – 23rd September 2018
Open every day except Mondays from 11am-6pm
Admission: 8€ / 6€