Paris Design Week is back to showcase the best new design in some unusual places, as well as offering specially-signed walks to follow, one of which is near our hotels and has some interesting things on offer!
Paris Design Week is always at the forefront of new design, with dozens of ideas to inspire you, as well as:
– four conferences with star designers
– an ‘off’ section at hip venue Ground Control, with forty talents on display
– the Rado Star Prize, with 5,000€ to be one by one designer
– four walks in different parts of town…
So, let’s have a look at what’s on offer in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, the area near our hotels.
The website says that there are 52 venues taking part in our part of town! Here’s a selection of the high points…
– The new luxury shopping complex BeauPassage, “a breath of fresh air sheltered from the tumult of the city” (their words, not ours), awaits you with a concept mixing contemporary art and luxury gastronomy, all in a brand new unusual venue which look like it’s worth exploring. More info here (PDF).
– 85° is the first concept store and incubator for South American brands. For their first pariticpation, they have concocted Vision & Tradition, a display of Mexican designer pieces that sounds enticing.
– The Czech Centre has a pop-up shop with 100 years of design and 60 iconic objects by the biggest names in Czechoslovakian design.
– At the Musée de Minéralogie Mines Paristech (that we visited a couple of years ago for the blog) has an exhibition entitled Respiration Minérale, “a sensitive experience” created by Manon Clouzeau and Caroline Besse. The place itself is worth seeing! For more info (PDF), click here.
There’s also a special focus on Italian design in 11 venues, and the Eiffel Towere will be illuminted in the colours of Japan on 13th & 14th September. We’ll be telling you more about that in a few days’ time!
All the venues in Saint-Germain-des-Prés should be open late on 6th September, and on the other days there are lots of conferences, nighttime events, cocktail parties, afterwork events (?), an arts installation at La Villette, another by José Lévy at the Guimet Museum…
Paris Design Week 2018 runs from 6th-15th September 2018