This Saturday night is a night unlike any other in the Parisian calendar – la Nuit Blanche (White Night) encourages you to stay out late (very late even) to see one-night-only art installations and events all over town.
These are organised into four hubs or ‘constellations’, and two of them are very close to our hotels!
This year, the Nuit Blanche is organised around the monuments of Paris, both known and unknown, and some of them are participating in the event for the first time.
Each ‘constellation’ is a collection of events that you can flit between, near one of the monuments. For example, near our hotels il y a la Constellation des Invalides, avec une trentaine d’animations !
– the installation Mon super kilomètre has a rollerskating area replete with house music DJ, sixteen food trucks, a Roller Derby, an exchange of cultural goods (DVDs, books…) on the Pont Alexandre III bridge, yoga lessons ina VW convertible, a screenprinting mini-factory makings posters you can take away with you, an installation called PHYSIS with Scandinavian Djs including Lindstrøm…
In the same area there’ salso free entrance to the Miró and Magnificent Venice exhibitions at the Grand Palais from 8pm-1am, an immersive installation A Bao A Qou at the Kiosque des Champs Elysées, a video installation & performance at the town hall of the 7th arrondissement from 7pm-7am…
For the full programme of the ‘Constellation aux Invalides’, click here.
Almost just as close, you’ll find the Constellation de l’Île Saint-Louis with over fifty events on offer (!), including:
– an installation by Abdelkader Benchamma and a performance by Melik Ohanian at the Collège des Bernardins
– an organ concert by Benjamin Viaud at the Saint-Louis en l’Ile church
– the Dessin Envolé Collective at the town hall for the 5th arrondissement, with their show OUTRE-MONDE, rêver tout haut ! being performed every thirty minutes
– short film showings at the Rognoni College
– the Youssef Abdelké exhibition at the Institut du Monde Arabe
– a performance by Euridice Kala called show don’t tell… at the Saint Séverin Gallery…
By the way, this ‘constellation’ actually crosses over the Seine and includes part of the Marais area, with loads more events to enjoy.
To help you get around town, metro line 1 will be running free all night (careful though – only certain stations will be open). All the details are here.
And if you miss the Night completely, one installation that is part of the proceedings, by The Tropicool Company, will be in place at the Gare de Lyon train station until 15th October!
The 2018 Nuit Blanche is happening in Paris during the night of Saturday 6th October
“Mon super kilomètre”, c’est l’une des oeuvres phares de cette édition de #NuitBlanche ✨ Sur un kilomètre, cette installation urbaine réunira sport aux règles réinventées, institutions artistiques, concert électro, Food trucks et rollers-derbies ✨
— Nuit Blanche Paris (@NBParis) 4 octobre 2018